Prepare the components for this smoothie the night before, then blend them in the morning for a zesty beverage that’s great for brunch.
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomatillos
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/2 jalapeño chile, seeded
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
1 | Bring tomatillos, pineapple juice, and jalapeño to a boil in small saucepan. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and chill.
2 | Combine tomatillo mixture, pineapple chunks, and cilantro in blender. Purée on high speed until thoroughly blended.
- Calories: 152
- Carbohydrate Content: 35 g
- Fat Content: 2 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 7 mg
- Sugar Content: 26 g