Menu plan: Accompany these pitas with a sliced cucumber and tomato salad.
- 1 cup bulgur
- 4 whole wheat pitas, cut in half
- 1 tsp. sweet curry powder
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions (white and light green parts)
- 1 1/2 cups red grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or golden raisins
- 1 yellow or red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
Preheat oven to 300°F. In medium saucepan, bring 11/2 cups water to a boil. Remove from heat, stir in bulgur, and let sit, covered, until tender, 10 to 15 minutes (it will still be a bit chewy).
Meanwhile, heat pitas in warm oven. Transfer bulgur to large bowl, and add curry powder, balsamic vinegar, garlic, scallions, grapes, cranberries and bell pepper, stirring well.
In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add bulgur mixture, and cook, stirring, until hot. Remove from heat, and stir in feta. Stuff lettuce and mixture into each pita.
- Calories: 474
- Carbohydrate Content: 90 g
- Cholesterol Content: 17 mg
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 14 g
- Protein Content: 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 561 mg