Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Plums and honey complement this easy, press-in-pan almond pastry. Chilling the oil first allows it to disperse more slowly into the dough to produce a tender crust.
1. To make Crust: Place 1/3 cup olive oil in freezer 20 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°F. Brush 9-inch tart pan with removable rim with olive oil.
2. Finely grind almonds, confectioners’ sugar, brown sugar, lemon zest, and salt in food processor. Add flour, and process 10 seconds to mix. Whisk together egg yolk, chilled olive oil, almond extract, and 1 Tbs. cold water in bowl. Add olive oil mixture to flour mixture, and pulse several times, or until dough looks like damp crumbs.
3. Press crumbs with fingers evenly and firmly into sides and bottom of prepared pan. Place pan on baking sheet, and bake 15 minutes. Press dough down lightly with back of fork if it has puffed.
4. To make Filling: Arrange plum slices in circular pattern over Crust. Drizzle with 2 Tbs. honey. Bake 20 minutes.
5. Whisk together egg, cream, remaining 2 Tbs. honey, vanilla, and cinnamon in bowl. Pour over plums. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until custard is set and plums are soft. Cool in pan. Serve at room temperature, or chill in refrigerator.
- Calories 317
- Carbohydrate Content 41 g
- Cholesterol Content 56 mg
- Fat Content 16 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 91 mg
- Sugar Content 26 g