This quick chili gets its tang from goat cheese, lime juice, and poblanos.
- 3 cups cooked white beans or 2 15.5-oz. cans white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 recipe Rajas
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 1 Tbs. lime juice
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk
- 3 oz. fresh goat cheese
- 1/4 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
1. Bring beans, Rajas, broth, oregano, and cumin to a simmer in saucepan over medium heat. Cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in corn, cilantro, and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Cook 2 minutes more.
2. Warm milk in separate saucepan. Add goat cheese, and stir until smooth. Serve chili garnished with goat cheese sauce, pumpkin seeds, and cilantro.
- Calories: 219
- Carbohydrate Content: 31 g
- Cholesterol Content: 5 mg
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 250 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g