Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Lisa Kelly, a personal chef from Waltham, Mass., created these tasty eggplant stacks after returning from a trip to Italy.
1. Heat 1 Tbs. oil in skillet over medium heat. Add polenta, and cook 5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, combine flour and breadcrumbs in bowl. Dip eggplant rounds in egg, then dredge in flour mixture until completely covered.
3. Heat remaining 4 Tbs. oil in skillet over medium heat. Cook eggplant rounds 5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
4. Mix ricotta and arugula in bowl, and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
5. Top each polenta round with layer of ricotta mixture, then layer of marinara sauce. Top with eggplant round.
- Calories 258
- Carbohydrate Content 23 g
- Cholesterol Content 27 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 461 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g