A popular dish in Italy, polenta refers to both a specific type of cornmeal and the dish it is used to make. Find granulated garlic in your local health food store.
- 2 18-oz. pkg. precooked polenta
- 2 Tbs. water
- 2 Tbs. cornstarch
- 2 Tbs. unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbs. granulated garlic
- 1/2 cup plus 1/3 cup soy Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups tomato sauce from 25-oz. jar, reserving remainder
- 4 slices soy Canadian bacon, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, sliced into 2-inch strips
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced tops with 2 inches of green
Preheat oven to 450F. Spray pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Slice polenta, and place in food processor. Process polenta, and add water, cornstarch, flour, garlic and 1/2 cup soy Parmesan cheese. Blend until smooth. Spread polenta evenly on pizza pan.
Bake for 15 minutes. Remove polenta from oven, and spread 2 cups sauce evenly over polenta crust. Top with sliced soy bacon, bell peppers, scallions and remaining 1/3 cup soy Parmesan cheese.
Bake 25 minutes more. Remove from oven, and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Calories: 179
- Carbohydrate Content: 313 g
- Fat Content: 1 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 11 g
- Sodium Content: 694 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g