This easy treat is a light and refreshing way to satisfy your sweet tooth. The frozen cubes blended to create the granita can be made ahead and stored in the freezer for 1 week.
- 2 cups fresh or canned pineapple chunks
- 2 2/3 cups unsweetened pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1. Purée all ingredients in blender until smooth. Pour into 2 or 3 plastic ice cube trays. Freeze at least 4 hours or overnight, until firmly frozen.
2. Twist cubes out of trays and into bowl of food processor. Blend 30 seconds, or until smooth, evenly colored, and snowy. Scoop into individual bowls, and serve immediately.
- Calories: 94
- Carbohydrate Content: 24 g
- Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 11 mg
- Sugar Content: 21 g