Smother mashed cauliflower with a silky, rich and savory gravy that even meat-eaters will love. It's dairy-free and meat-free and made with just a handful of ingredients.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Related: Cauliflower Mashers recipe
- 32 oz. organic vegetable broth (no salt)
- 2 cups water
- 1 head celery root, peeled and diced
- 2 cup dried porcini mushrooms (or substitute your favorite dried mushroom)
- 2 medium shallots, sliced
- 12 gloves garlic, chopped
- 1 sprig rosemary, chopped
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp cracked black pepper
1. Place broth, water, celery root, dried mushrooms, shallots and garlic into large pot and bring to a boil over high heat.
2. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Turn off heat and steep for 1 hour.
4. Strain into a medium mixing bowl and press mushroom and celery root mixture with a spoon to extract all the juices and thicken the gravy.
5. Season with salt, pepper and rosemary to taste.