Fresh and dried cranberries are simmered with apple, ginger, and port for a subtly sweet sauce. If you don’t want to use port, you can substitute cranberry or pomegranate juice.
- 1 cup tawny port
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup naturally sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 small apple, grated (1/2 cup)
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
1. Bring port, fresh cranberries, dried cranberries, apple, ginger, and 1 cup water to a boil in medium saucepan over medium heat.
2. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool before serving.
- Calories: 29
- Carbohydrate Content: 7 g
- Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Fiber Content: 0.5 g
- Protein Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 2 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g