Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today and save 20%!.
Is a grilled portobello burger really a ‘burger’ at all, or is it more of a ‘sandwich’? Truly one of the great questions for the ages. But you know what’s not in question? That they’re very delicious and you should probably eat one tonight. And it should be covered in fun toppings. We recommend you slather your burger with a cashew cream sauce that is high in protein, magnesium, and iron, and add fruity flavor with sweet peaches, which contain vitamin C, fiber and potassium.
Grilled Portobello Burgers with Peach, Cashew Cream, and Chimichurri
From Clean Eating
- Prepare cashew cream: Soak cashews in water for 1 hour or overnight. Drain and rinse. To a high-speed blender, add ½ cup water and cashews; purée until creamy and smooth. Add sea salt and fresh lemon juice, to taste.
- Marinate mushrooms: In a small bowl, combine balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, olive oil, chile powder, salt and ground black pepper, to taste. Add portobello mushrooms and set aside to marinate for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare chimichurri: In a food processor, add flat-leaf parsley, cilantro, olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, 1/4 tsp each red pepper flakes and salt; process until blended.
- Heat a grill to medium and lightly oil grate. Grill mushrooms for about 8 to 10 minutes, turning halfway, brushing with remaining marinade. Spread chimichurri over bottom half of 4 whole-grain buns and top with portobellos, cashew cream, red onion, 1 peach and packed arugula, dividing evenly.
- Calories 0
- Carbohydrate Content 0 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g