These thick, juicy burgers will be a hit at any cookout. Serve with buns and your favorite burger fixings.
- 2 Tbs. Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 2 Tbs. red wine
- 4 oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained, 1 Tbs. oil reserved
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 8 large portobello mushrooms, stemmed, gills removed
- 1 medium onion, cut into 4 rings
- 4 oz. garlic-herb goat cheese
1. Whisk together Liquid Aminos, wine, 1 Tbs. oil from tomatoes, mustard, pepper, and 1/2 cup water in bowl. Pour over mushrooms, and let marinate 10 minutes. Drain.
2. Heat grill or grill pan over medium heat. Grill mushrooms bottom side down 4 minutes; grill onion rings 5 minutes. Transfer mushrooms to platter bottom side up. Fill each of 4 mushrooms with 1 onion ring, 1 tomato, and 1 oz. cheese. Top with remaining 4 mushrooms. Secure with toothpicks. Grill burgers 10 minutes more, turning once, or until cooked through. Remove toothpicks.
- Calories: 167
- Carbohydrate Content: 15 g
- Cholesterol Content: 30 mg
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 260 mg
- Sugar Content: 9 g