30 minutes or lessRich and meaty, this recipe is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser. Meal Plan: Serve with steamed basmati rice and a sliced tomato and basil salad, lightly drizzled with olive oil.
- 1 tsp.olive oil
- 1 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 large portobello mushrooms, stems and gills removed
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (or substitute soy cheese)
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (if using soy cheese, omit and increase soy cheese to 1 cup)
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh thyme, or 1 tsp. dried
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh rosemary, or 1 tsp. dried
Preheat oven to 400°F. In small bowl, mix oil, vinegar and garlic.Brush mixture over mushrooms.
Lightly coat large baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange mushrooms, stem side up, in prepared dish. Drizzle 2 tablespoons water in bottom of dish. Sprinkle mushrooms with salt and pepper to taste.
Bake mushrooms 12 minutes. Evenly sprinkle mushrooms with mozzarella, then feta, then herbs. Bake until cheese is melted and bubbly, about 3 minutes. Serve hot.
- Calories: 173
- Carbohydrate Content: 13 g
- Cholesterol Content: 25 mg
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 294 mg