Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Although portobello mushrooms, arugula and fresh mozzarella may make you think of a contemporary, upscale pizza, the taste of this pie is reminiscent of an old-fashioned pizza parlor.
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat 12-inch round pizza pan or baking sheet with cooking spray, and set crust in pan.
2. Heat 1 Tbs. oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, and cook 5 minutes, or until browned and tender, stirring occasionally. Add garlic, and season with salt and pepper. Cook 30 seconds, stirring often. Stir in vinegar, and remove from heat.
3. Brush crust with remaining 2 tsp. olive oil. Spread sauce on crust. Scatter mushroom mixture on top. Sprinkle with red onion. Arrange mozzarella slices over vegetables, and sprinkle with Parmesan.
4. Bake 10 minutes, or until cheese has melted. Scatter arugula on top. Cut into slices, and serve.
- Calories 290
- Carbohydrate Content 33 g
- Cholesterol Content 25 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 478 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g