30 MINUTES OR LESS Pizzas without the excess calories!
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1 pkg. (6 oz.) portobello mushroom caps
- 12 oz. mozzarella cheese, sliced or shredded
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- 2 fresh tomatoes, sliced and roasted or grilled
Preheat oven to 450F. Lightly spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray, and set aside.
Combine oil and garlic in small bowl, and rub mushroom caps on all sides with mixture. Place caps, top side down, in circle on baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange cheese, basil and tomato slices alternately in circle on top of mushrooms. Sprinkle with oregano, if using.
Bake about 3 minutes, or until cheese melts. Remove from oven, and serve.
Of course, you can always enjoy a Chianti with any dish that even resembles Italian food, but to truly enjoy the earthiness of the portobello mushrooms without overwhelming them, select a mild Oregon Pinot Noir, such as a King Estate or a Duck Pond.
- Calories: 560
- Carbohydrate Content: 17 g
- Cholesterol Content: 90 mg
- Fat Content: 32 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 50 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 19 g
- Sodium Content: 990 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g