You’ll find canned cooked hominy in most supermarkets. It’s quite salty, so rinse well.
- 15-oz. can white hominy (posole), rinsed and drained
- 1 3/4 cups cooked black, pinto or red kidney beans or 15-oz. can beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp. chipotle chili powder or cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbs. roasted garlic olive oil
- 14 1/2-oz. can diced tomatoes with green chilies or 14 1/2-oz. can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes, chopped
In large saucepan, combine all ingredients except oil. Bring to boil; reduce heat, partially cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until flavors blend and ingredients are heated through, about 5 minutes. Just before serving, stir in oil.
- Calories: 210
- Carbohydrate Content: 45 g
- Fat Content: 4 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Sodium Content: 990 mg