Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
For the full Indian curry experience, serve this dish with warmed naan (Indian flat bread), sliced green onion, and a bowl of spicy chutney. Be sure the lid to the Dutch oven closes tightly over the spinach so no steam escapes while the dish is cooking.
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Generously spray inside of 5 1/2- or 6-quart Dutch oven with cooking spray.
2. Stir together rice and 2 1/4 cups broth in pot. Top with potatoes, season with salt and pepper, then add chickpeas.
3. Combine tomatoes, onion, garlic, curry powder, and remaining 3/4 cup broth in bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Spread tomato mixture over chickpeas, then top with spinach. Cover pot, and bake 53 minutes, or about 3 minutes after aroma wafts from oven.
- Calories 415
- Carbohydrate Content 85 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 2.5 g
- Fiber Content 13 g
- Protein Content 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 798 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g