These wonderfully simple potatoes, with thinly sliced red onion, fresh basil and grated Asiago cheese, are baked until the top is golden brown.
- 1 1/2 lbs. yellow Finnish or red potatoes, cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion, into rings
- 3 Tbs. chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable broth or water
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Asiago cheese (2 oz.)
Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat 8-inch baking dish or 2-quart casserole with cooking spray. Arrange one-third of the potato slices in bottom of prepared dish. Top potatoes with 1/3 cup onion slices, 1 tablespoon basil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Repeat layers (except for salt and pepper) twice.
In glass measuring cup, mix broth and oil; drizzle over potatoes. Cover with foil and bake 40 minutes. Uncover and bake until potatoes are tender, 25 minutes.
Sprinkle potatoes with Asiago cheese and bake until cheese melts and begins to brown, about 5 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving. Garnish each serving with basil sprigs.
- Calories: 113
- Carbohydrate Content: 17 g
- Cholesterol Content: 6 mg
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 35 mg