The classic soup gets its velvety texture and gorgeous golden color from blended Yukon gold potatoes.
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 large leeks, light green and white parts thinly sliced (2 cups)
- 1/4 tsp. grated nutmeg
- 1 lb. Yukon gold potatoes (about 3 medium), peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 3/4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
Heat oil in large pot over medium-low heat. Add leeks, and sprinkle with salt, if desired. Cover, and cook 5 minutes. Add nutmeg, and cook 1 minute more. Stir in potatoes and broth, and bring to a simmer. Partially cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 10 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Purée with immersion blender. Serve hot or chilled, sprinkled with chives.
- Calories: 196
- Carbohydrate Content: 29 g
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 147 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g