For an easy variation, substitute 2 cups frozen corn and 1 1/2 cups canned black beans (drained and rinsed) for the potatoes, but omit the stock.
- 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 3 medium-sized red potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup vegetable stock
- 6 10-inch flour tortillas
- 2 1/2 cups grated cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes, halved, seeded and diced
Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook, stirring often, 5 minutes, or until soft. Stir in cumin, chili powder and potatoes. Cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes. Add stock; cook about 15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender and liquid is gone. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat; spray with cooking spray. Add one tortilla; sprinkle about 1/4 cup cheese over half of tortilla. Spoon about 1/3 cup potatoes over cheese; top with 2 Tbs. tomato and 1/4 cup more cheese.
Fold tortilla in half, and press down with spatula. Cook about 1 minute, or until underside is golden. Turn over, and cook 1 minute more. Remove, and cut into wedges. Repeat with remaining tortillas; respray skillet as needed.
- Calories: 540
- Carbohydrate Content: 63 g
- Cholesterol Content: 50 mg
- Fat Content: 23 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 19 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 12 g
- Sodium Content: 690 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g