To achieve the best possible texture, both celery and potatoes are steamed for this salad.
- 3 Tbs. unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh thyme
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 lb. red-skinned potatoes, quartered and sliced 3/4-inch thick
- 4 large celery stalks, sliced 1/2- to 3/4-inch thick (2 cups)
- 1 cup packed, coarsely chopped mustard greens (1 oz.)
1. Whisk together vinegar and thyme in small bowl. Whisk in oil and mustard, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Stir in chopped onion. Marinate 20 minutes, tossing often.
2. Meanwhile, steam potatoes 13 to 14 minutes, or until tender. Transfer steamer rack to work surface, and let potatoes cool 5 minutes.
3. Toss potatoes with dressing in wide, shallow bowl. Cool 10 minutes, or until dressing is absorbed, tossing occasionally.
4. Steam celery 6 minutes, or until only slight crunch remains. Cool briefly. Fold into potatoes. Fold in mustard greens. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Calories: 164
- Carbohydrate Content: 28 g
- Cholesterol Content: 86 mg
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 86 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g