These tasty tacos are spicy! Feel free to reduce the amount of chipotle if you prefer milder flavor.
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 canned chipotle chili in adobo sauce
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 medium potato, baked and diced
- 1 to 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 whole wheat tortillas, warmed
In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic and cook, stirring often, until almost tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
Add chipotle, cumin and oregano and stir 30 seconds. Add potato, toss well to coat and heat through. Stir in lemon juice and cilantro and remove from heat. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
Divide potato mixture among tortillas and serve hot, garnished with condiments as desired.
- Calories: 226
- Carbohydrate Content: 51 g
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Sodium Content: 181 mg