Sautéed dandelion greens or frisée lettuce add taste and crunch to potatoes mashed with seasoned feta cheese. You could also try thinly sliced napa cabbage, Swiss chard, or bok choy in place of the greens.
- 4 medium russet or Idaho potatoes, scrubbed and patted dry
- 5 oz. oil-and-herb-packed feta cubes, drained, oil reserved, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
- 1 cup diced fresh tomatoes
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Rub potatoes with about 2 tsp. reserved feta oil. Prick each potato a few times with knife or fork, and arrange on baking sheet. Bake 11/2 to 2 hours, or until very tender when touched and skin begins to brown.
2. Heat 11/2 Tbs. feta oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add greens, and sauté 5 to 7 minutes, or until wilted and tender. Stir in garlic, and sauté 30 seconds more.
3. Split potatoes down center, and fluff flesh with fork. Drizzle with more feta oil, if desired, and mash 1 cube feta into each potato. Stuff each potato with 1/2 cup greens mixture, 3 or 4 more feta cubes, and 1/4 cup diced tomatoes.
- Calories: 356
- Carbohydrate Content: 50 g
- Cholesterol Content: 20 mg
- Fat Content: 13 g
- Fiber Content: 8 g
- Protein Content: 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 428 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g