Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Sautéed dandelion greens or frisée lettuce add taste and crunch to potatoes mashed with seasoned feta cheese. You could also try thinly sliced napa cabbage, Swiss chard, or bok choy in place of the greens.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Rub potatoes with about 2 tsp. reserved feta oil. Prick each potato a few times with knife or fork, and arrange on baking sheet. Bake 11/2 to 2 hours, or until very tender when touched and skin begins to brown.
2. Heat 11/2 Tbs. feta oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add greens, and sauté 5 to 7 minutes, or until wilted and tender. Stir in garlic, and sauté 30 seconds more.
3. Split potatoes down center, and fluff flesh with fork. Drizzle with more feta oil, if desired, and mash 1 cube feta into each potato. Stuff each potato with 1/2 cup greens mixture, 3 or 4 more feta cubes, and 1/4 cup diced tomatoes.
- Calories 356
- Carbohydrate Content 50 g
- Cholesterol Content 20 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 428 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g