Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Double or triple this recipe to make gourmet gifts to share at holiday time.
1. Stand each lemon on end and slice vertically into 4 wedges, but leave base of lemon uncut. Fill each lemon with 1 Tbs. salt, and place in 1-qt. glass jar with lid.
2. Cover lemons with 2 cups boiling water. Add remaining salt, lemon juice, cardamom pods, bay leaf, and chiles.
3. Seal jar tightly, shake to mix, and store 3 days to 1 month before using.
- Calories 312
- Carbohydrate Content 46 g
- Cholesterol Content 3 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 14 g
- Protein Content 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 483 mg
- Sugar Content 29 g