Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
There’s not much wasted in this coffee-free version of the Italian dessert classic: sparkling wine is used to poach the pears and to plump the ladyfingers.
1. To make Pears: Combine Prosecco, sugar, and lemon zest in saucepan. Split vanilla bean, scrape seeds into saucepan, and add vanilla pod. Bring to a boil. Add pears, reduce heat to low, and simmer 15 minutes, or until pears are tender, but not soft. Cover, and cool pears in liquid. Drain cooled pears, remove vanilla pod, and reserve poaching liquid. Slice pears.
2. To make Tiramisu: Pulse cream cheese, sour cream, confectioners’ sugar, and milk in food processor until smooth. Scrape seeds from vanilla bean into mixture, and pulse until combined.
3. Line 11- x 7-inch baking dish with ladyfingers. Brush with poaching liquid. Top with half of pear slices. Spread half of cream cheese mixture over Pears, and sprinkle with 1/4 cup cocoa powder and 1/4 cup chocolate. Repeat layering with remaining ladyfingers, poaching liquid, pear slices, cream cheese mixture, cocoa powder, and chocolate. Chill overnight.
- Calories 320
- Carbohydrate Content 53 g
- Cholesterol Content 77 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6 g
- Sodium Content 367 mg
- Sugar Content 38 g