The peanutty satay sauces of Southeast Asia inspired the sweet-and-spicy filling for this delicious appetizer or snack.
- 1/2 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tbs. lime juice
- 11/2 Tbs. toasted sesame oil
- 4 tsp. sweet chile sauce, such as Mae Ploy, plus more for dipping
- 2 tsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 10 large celery stalks, each cut on bias into 3 sticks
- 3 large carrots, finely grated (1 cup)
- 1/4 cup black sesame seeds
1. Stir together peanut butter, lime juice, sesame oil, chile sauce, and soy
sauce in bowl until smooth.
2. Spread 1 tsp. peanut butter mixture inside each celery stick.
3. Stir together carrots and sesame seeds in small shallow dish. Dip celery sticks in carrot mixture, filling-side-down, to coat filling with carrots and sesame seeds. Serve with small bowl of chile sauce.
- Calories: 46
- Carbohydrate Content: 3 g
- Fat Content: 4 g
- Fiber Content: 0.5 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 58 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g