Looking for an alternative to pumpkin pie? Everything for this dessert can be assembled the night before, stashed in the refrigerator, and baked right before serving as a warm holiday dessert.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat milk
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 cups loosely packed 1-inch cubes challah, Italian, or French bread
- 2 cups chopped peeled apples
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts or pecans
- 1/4 cup brown sugar or maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 8- or 10-cup baking dish with cooking spray.
2. To make Bread Pudding: Whisk eggs
in large bowl. Whisk in milk, brown sugar, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and salt, and then pumpkin. Fold in bread cubes, and let soak 20 minutes.
3. To make Streusel: pulse all ingredients in food processor until mixture resembles rough paste.
4. Fold apples into Bread Pudding mixture, and pour into prepared baking dish. Spread Streusel over top. Bake 1 hour, or until pudding is set. Serve warm.
- Calories: 304
- Carbohydrate Content: 50 g
- Cholesterol Content: 97 mg
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 311 mg
- Sugar Content: 35 g