The holidays are fading fast, but that doesnt mean that the seasons favoritespumpkins and cranberrieshave to go with them. This easy-to-assemble pudding is just as good warm or chilled.
- 2 cups vanilla soymilk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup instant tapioca pearls
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, or to taste
- 1 15-oz. can pumpkin purée
- 2 cups mixed dried fruits, including cranberries, raisins and apples
- 1 cup toasted pecan halves, as garnish, optional
Put 1 1/2 cups soymilk and vanilla extract into saucepan, and stir in tapioca pearls. Stir remaining 1/2 cup soymilk with cornstarch, and, when well mixed, stir cornstarch mixture into tapioca mixture. Let sit 5 minutes.
Heat soymilk mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, until pudding begins to thicken, about 7 minutes. Whisk in sugar and salt, stirring to remove any lumps.
Stir in pumpkin purée and dried fruit. Continue cooking and stirring 2 minutes more. Remove from heat, and spoon into heatproof serving bowl. Serve warm, or refrigerate.
To serve, garnish with toasted pecans, if using.
- Calories: 290
- Carbohydrate Content: 67 g
- Fat Content: 1 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 150 mg
- Sugar Content: 41 g