This easy topping is sure to impress guests as a dramatic finish for ice cream. For everyday use, crumble brittle over yogurt, or shower it over baby greens with pears and blue cheese.
- 2 Tbs. unsalted butter, plus additional for greasing pan
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup hulled, raw (green) pumpkin seeds
1. Line baking sheet with parchment paper, and grease with butter.
2. Combine sugar and 1/4 cup water in saucepan. Add corn syrup and butter, and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat—watch carefully, as mixture will foam. Simmer 10 minutes, or until mixture turns light caramel color, swirling pot often. Remove from heat, and stir in baking soda and pumpkin seeds. Add dash of salt, if desired.
3. Pour onto prepared baking sheet, spreading with back of wooden spoon. Let cool and harden. Break into pieces, and store in airtight container.
- Calories: 285
- Carbohydrate Content: 37 g
- Cholesterol Content: 9 mg
- Fat Content: 14 g
- Fiber Content: 0.5 g
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 50 mg
- Sugar Content: 28 g