Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Related: Healing Foods — Cranberries
- Put cranberries in 3-quart saucepan. Add juice, sugar, cloves, cinnamon, pepper and almond extract, if using. Bring to a boil over medium heat, cover and reduce heat to low. Cook 15 minutes.
- Put soup in blender, and purée. Strain, put into saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Add cornstarch mixture; stir well. Add dried cranberries, and cook 5 minutes.
- Serve with dollop of sour cream and sprig of mint for garnish, if using.
- Calories 330
- Carbohydrate Content 83 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 25 mg
- Sugar Content 75 g