Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
All curry powders are not created equal. For an easy-to-find option that’s mild when it comes to heat, but really delivers on flavor, try Sun Brand Madras Curry Powder. You can always add a pinch or two of cayenne pepper if you like your curry dishes hotter.
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, and cook 5 minutes, or until lightly browned, stirring frequently.
- Add coconut milk and broth. Whisk in tomato paste and curry powder. Bring to a boil. Add potatoes, reduce heat to medium, cover and cook 15 minutes, or until potatoes are still firm but almost done.
- Stir in green beans and cauliflower. Cover, and cook 5 minutes more, or until vegetables are tender. Remove from heat. Stir in peas, cilantro and lime juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with basmati brown rice, if desired.
- Calories 217
- Carbohydrate Content 32 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 240 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g