30 MINUTES OR LESSUsing tender baby potatoes speeds up cooking time for making this favorite picnic salad. If available, use baby Yukon Gold potatoes for their unusual color. Serve with warm baguettes or a rustic Italian country bread.
- 1 1/2 lbs. baby white potatoes, rinsed and quartered
- 2 cups tightly packed baby spinach leaves, rinsed
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, rinsed
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 Tbs. grated horseradish
- 1 Tbs. minced shallots
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 3 Tbs. mayonnaise
Place potatoes in pot of water and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook, covered, until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and run under cold water. Set aside in colander and pat potatoes dry before using.
Meanwhile, cook eggs and drain, peel and set aside to cool.
To make dressing, beat together ricotta cheese, buttermilk, horseradish, shallots, garlic, mayonnaise and seasoning salt in small mixing bowl. Set aside.
Quarter cooked eggs. Combine cooled potatoes, spinach and tomatoes in salad bowl. Toss with dressing as needed and garnish salad with eggs.
- Calories: 350
- Carbohydrate Content: 63 g
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 9 g
- Protein Content: 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 600 mg