Leftover roasted vegetables need very little to be turned into a delicious puréed soup. You can add pesto, nut butter, or silken tofu while blending for extra flavor or texture.
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 3 cups firmly packed roasted vegetables
1. Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, cook 7 to 9 minutes, or until just beginning to brown.
2. Add vegetables and 2 cups water, and bring mixture to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium, and cook 15 minutes. Cool to room temperature, then purée until smooth. Add more water, if desired, and reheat before serving.
- Calories: 75
- Carbohydrate Content: 10 g
- Fat Content: 4 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 63 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g