Adding a little butter to the sautéing oil for zucchini noodles enhances browning.
- 2 medium zucchini (1 lb.)
- 1 1/2 Tbs. plus 2 tsp. unsalted butter, divided
- 1 tsp. thinly sliced fresh mint leaves
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil, divided
1 | Cut zucchini into noodles with small-toothed blade on spiral slicer. Set aside.
2 | Heat 11/2 Tbs. butter in small skillet over medium heat. Cook 6 minutes, or until milk solids have turned light caramel color. Remove from heat, and stir in mint, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
3 | Heat 1 tsp. butter and 1 tsp. oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add half of zucchini noodles, and increase heat to medium-high. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, and cook 3 minutes. Transfer to serving dish, and repeat with remaining butter, oil, and zucchini. Drizzle zucchini with brown butter.
- Calories: 95
- Carbohydrate Content: 4 g
- Cholesterol Content: 17 mg
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 10 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g