With this recipe, you’ll be able to serve dessert to a crowd in less than 20 minutes. You can change the flavor and texture of the trifle by the type of cake you choose: for the rich, eggy flavor typical of tiramisù, use yellow pound cake; for a light-as-air trifle, try angel food cake.
- 1 8-oz. pkg. mascarpone
- 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbs. sweet Marsala wine
- 2 Tbs. sugar
- 1/3 cup freshly brewed espresso or 1/3 cup strong coffee combined with 1 Tbs. instant espresso powder
- 1 cup light whipping cream
- 1 10-oz. light pound cake, cut into 1- to 11/2-inch cubes (10 cups)
- 2 oz. bittersweet chocolate with crushed espresso beans, grated
1. Combine mascarpone with 1/4 cup Marsala and sugar in medium bowl. Combine remaining Marsala with espresso in separate bowl.
2. Beat whipping cream with electric mixer in chilled bowl until soft peaks form. Fold cream into mascarpone mixture.
3. Spread 3 cups cake cubes in bottom of trifle bowl. Sprinkle with 2 Tbs. espresso-Marsala mixture. Top with one-third of mascarpone mixture. Sprinkle with one-third of grated chocolate. Repeat layering 2 more times with remaining ingredients, ending with grated chocolate.
- Calories: 213
- Carbohydrate Content: 17 g
- Cholesterol Content: 37 mg
- Fat Content: 15 g
- Fiber Content: 0.5 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8 g
- Sodium Content: 83 mg
- Sugar Content: 9 g