The rich, saucy filling for these tacos gets its velvety texture from prepared corn and poblano chowder. We’ve kept the add-ins pared down for recipe-prep ease, but you can always pile on favorite extras, such as sour cream, green onions, prepared salsa, and hot sauce.
- 1 1/2 cups prepared corn and poblano chowder
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not in oil), cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 15.5-oz can no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small avocado, sliced
- 1 Tbs. lime juice
- 8 6-inch corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup crumbled queso fresco
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1 cup lime wedges, for serving
Bring chowder and sun-dried tomatoes to a boil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat; simmer 2 minutes. Stir in beans, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 5 to 8 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
Toss avocado with lime juice in small bowl.
Fill each tortilla with 1⁄3 cup bean mixture and 2 Tbs. queso fresco; top with red cabbage and avocado slices. Serve with lime wedges.
- Calories: 246
- Carbohydrate Content: 34 g
- Cholesterol Content: 11 mg
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 500 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g