Quinoa, Corn, and Zucchini Medley
The nice thing about using quinoa, a whole grain found in most natural grocery stores, in this tabbouleh-style salad is that it doesn’t soak up all the dressing and dry out over time. …
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
The nice thing about using quinoa, a whole grain found in most natural grocery stores, in this tabbouleh-style salad is that it doesn’t soak up all the dressing and dry out over time.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 medium zucchini, diced (1 cup)
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced (1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh mint, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 Tbs. orange juice
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. grated orange zest
1. To make Quinoa Medley: Bring 2 cups water to a boil in medium saucepan. Stir in quinoa, cover, and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer 15 minutes, or until quinoa is tender and opaque, and liquid is absorbed. Let stand 5 minutes, then transfer to large bowl. Fluff with a fork, and cool.
2. Fold corn, zucchini, green onions, cilantro, and mint into quinoa.
3. To make Dressing: Whisk together oil, orange juice, lemon juice, and orange zest in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Drizzle Dressing over quinoa mixture, and toss well. Sprinkle with pine nuts, garnish with mint sprigs, if desired, and serve at room temperature.
- Calories 236
- Carbohydrate Content 27 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 12.5 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1.5 g
- Sodium Content 110 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g