Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
- To make Quinoa Pilaf: Heat coconut oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add quinoa, ginger, and garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add orange juice, 11/2 cups water, and salt. Cover, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 15 minutes, or until quinoa is tender.
- Meanwhile, to make Tempeh and Broccoli: Heat coconut oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add tempeh, and cook 7 minutes, or until lightly golden, stirring occasionally. Add ginger, garlic, and chile, and sauté 30 seconds.
- Add orange juice, broth, and soy sauce to tempeh, and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, uncovered,
5 minutes. Add broccoli, and stir-fry 5 minutes, or until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- Transfer Quinoa Pilaf to serving bowl. Top with Tempeh and Broccoli. Garnish with green onions and cashews.
Learn how to cook delicious gluten-free, vegetarian recipes online. Sign up now!
- Calories 399
- Carbohydrate Content 47 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 19 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 21 g
- Saturated Fat Content 9 g
- Sodium Content 625 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g