Feel free to play around with the dried fruit and nuts in this simple dish. Serve warm or chilled.
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups chopped broccoli raab
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced (1/2 cup)
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbs. chopped toasted pistachios
1. Bring 2 cups water to a boil in large saucepan. Add quinoa, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, covered, 8 minutes. Add broccoli raab and 1/2 cup water; cover, and cook 8 minutes more, or until broccoli raab is tender. Remove from heat, and let stand 5 minutes. Drain any excess water, then transfer quinoa and broccoli raab to large serving bowl.
2. Whisk together lemon juice, vinegar, and lemon zest in bowl. Whisk in oil until blended. Stir dressing into quinoa mixture along with green onions, raisins, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Sprinkle with pistachios.
- Calories: 294
- Carbohydrate Content: 42 g
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 13 mg
- Sugar Content: 10 g