This refreshing salad demonstrates how very thin slicing can take the edge off strongly flavored vegetables such as radicchio, fennel, and radishes. While all the veggies for this recipe can be sliced ahead of time, wait until the last minute to add the Lemon-Mint Dressing. This will prevent the delicate veggie pieces from getting soggy.
- 1 large head radicchio, quartered and thinly shredded
- 6 red radishes, finely sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed, halved, and finely sliced
- 1 large cucumber, sliced into 1/4-inch matchsticks
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbs. pure maple syrup
- 11/2 Tbs. Dijon mustard
1. To make Salad: Toast pine nuts in skillet over medium heat 5 minutes, or until golden brown. Transfer to plate to cool.
2. Combine radicchio, radishes, fennel, and cucumber in large bowl.
3. To make Lemon-Mint Dressing: Purée mint, lemon juice, oil, maple syrup, and mustard in blender until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Add dressing to salad; toss to coat, and garnish with toasted pine nuts.
- Calories: 154
- Carbohydrate Content: 10 g
- Fat Content: 12.5 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1.5 g
- Sodium Content: 166 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g