To make this Italian-inspired salad more of a meal, Swanson suggests topping with cooked mung beans or a grated hard-boiled egg.
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. honey or sugar
- 1/2 tsp. finely crushed dried coriander
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. heavy cream, optional
- 1 medium head radicchio (10 oz.) sliced into 1/4-inch-thick ribbons (6 cups)
- 4 cups arugula, shredded (41/2 oz.)
- 11/2 cups toasted walnut halves
- 3/4 cup dried figs, stemmed and sliced (31/2 oz.)
- 1/2 cup shaved or grated pecorino cheese (3 oz.)
1 | Whisk together lemon juice, honey, coriander, and salt in small bowl. Gradually whisk in oil, followed by
cream (if using). Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
2 | Toss radicchio, arugula, and walnuts with two-thirds of dressing. Add most of figs and cheese and remaining third of dressing, if necessary. Transfer to serving platter, and top with remaining cheese and figs.
- Calories: 393
- Carbohydrate Content: 18 g
- Cholesterol Content: 18 mg
- Fat Content: 33 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6 g
- Sodium Content: 346 mg
- Sugar Content: 10 g