Endive, arugula, and clementines tame the spiciness of sliced radishes.
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 5 clementines, divided
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 2 Belgian endive, thinly sliced (2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups sliced radishes
- 1/4 cup roasted, salted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh mint leaves
1. Place onion slices in bowl, and cover with cold water. Set aside.
2. Juice 1 clementine into bowl. Whisk in lemon juice, oil, and cumin, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Set aside.
3. Peel remaining 4 clementines, and pull apart into halves. Slice each half into half-circles. Set aside.
4. Drain onion slices, and toss with arugula, endive, and radishes in salad bowl. Add clementines and dressing, and toss. Sprinkle with sunflower seeds, blue cheese, and mint leaves.
- Calories: 203
- Carbohydrate Content: 18 g
- Cholesterol Content: 6 mg
- Fat Content: 14 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 175 mg
- Sugar Content: 10 g