Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
As this old-school American dessert cools, the top “buckles,” which is how the treat got its name. Frozen or fresh, raspberries are an excellent source of heart-healthful, cancer-fighting poly-phenols and anthocyanins.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F, and coat 9-inch round cake pan with cooking spray.
2. Beat sugar and margarine in bowl with electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Beat in vanilla, then egg. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in separate bowl. Alternate adding flour mixture and milk to batter. Fold in raspberries. Spread batter in prepared pan.
3. Bake 45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Unmold, and cool. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar.
- Calories 217
- Carbohydrate Content 39 g
- Cholesterol Content 22 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 202 mg
- Sugar Content 17 g