Blended fresh (or frozen) raspberries give this vinaigrette body so there’s no need for oil. Umeboshi vinegar, a Japanese condiment made with umeboshi plums, adds a full-flavored dimension that is sweet, tart, and salty all at once.
- 6 oz. fresh raspberries, washed and picked over (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
- 2 tsp. umeboshi vinegar, such as Eden Ume Plum Vinegar
- 1 Tbs. chopped shallot
Place all ingredients in mini food processor or chopper. Add 1/4 cup water, and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Calories: 25
- Carbohydrate Content: 6 g
- Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 526 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g