Oat flour, rice flour, and toasted nuts make a tender gluten-free cookie with a little crunch.
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped roasted hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped roasted hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup white rice flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 8 oz. (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup raspberry jam
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Stir together oat flour, hazelnuts, rice flour, and baking powder in medium bowl. Set aside.
3. Cream butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer until smooth. Add egg, and beat until soft and creamy. Reduce mixer speed to low, and add oat flour mixture. Beat until just combined.
4. Use 1-oz. (2 Tbs.) ice cream or cookie scoop to shape dough into walnut-size balls, and place on baking sheet 3 inches apart. Gently press each ball in center with thumb to make small wells. Spoon 1/2 tsp. raspberry jam into each thumbprint well.
5. Bake cookies 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheet. Dust with confectioners’ sugar, then transfer to storage container.
- Calories: 163
- Carbohydrate Content: 15 g
- Cholesterol Content: 28 mg
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 16 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g