Extra-lemony and not too sweet, this is an easy sorbet to whip up year-round with frozen raspberries. Try the recipe with blueberries, blackberries, or cherries as well.
- 5 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
1. Purée raspberries in blender or food processor until no whole fruit remains. Press purée through fine sieve, and discard seeds. (You should have 2 cups.)
2. Stir 1/2 cup water into sugar in saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat, and stir in lemon juice. Stir sugar mixture into raspberry purée.
3. Chill mixture in refrigerator until cold, then churn in ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s directions. Transfer to 1-quart container, and freeze.
- Calories: 141
- Carbohydrate Content: 35 g
- Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 1 mg
- Sugar Content: 29 g