Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Feel free to try this recipe with different jams (blueberry and apricot work well). You can also add 1/2 cup nuts to the batter for extra protein and energy on long hikes.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 9-inch-square baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Sift together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in large bowl.
3. Cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla and almond extracts until smooth. Add flour mixture to butter mixture; mix until combined. Stir in 13/4 cups oats. Spread 2/3 of batter on bottom of prepared baking dish. Spread raspberry jam over the batter with back of spoon.
4. Add remaining 1/4 cup oats to remaining batter. Crumble over top of raspberry jam. Bake 30 minutes, or until golden. Cool, then cut into bars.
- Calories 232
- Carbohydrate Content 41 g
- Cholesterol Content 28 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 85 mg
- Sugar Content 26 g