This ravioli requires a bit of “handiwork,” but the preparation is half the fun. Instead of a typical cheese filling, it contains loads of sautéed veggies and a light, tangy lemon sauce.
- 6 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper
- 3 Tbs. olive oil, divided
- 2 medium yellow squash or zucchini, finely diced (3 cups)
- 2 small eggplants, finely diced (3 cups)
- 6 fresh spinach lasagna noodles
- 6 Tbs. pine nuts, divided
- 2 Tbs. raisins, divided
- 3 tsp. chopped fresh summer savory, winter savory, or thyme, divided
- 4 cups almond milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 Tbs. cornstarch
- 2 Tbs. grated lemon zest
- 11/2 Tbs. olive oil
1. To make Ravioli: Place tomatoes and salt in colander over bowl; drain 30 minutes to 3 hours. Discard juice.
2. Peel bell peppers with vegetable peeler, then finely dice. Heat 1 Tbs. oil in skillet over medium heat. Add peppers, and sauté 5 to 7 minutes, or until soft. Transfer to bowl, and keep warm. Wipe out skillet, add 1 Tbs. oil, and heat over medium heat. Add squash, and sauté 3 to 5 minutes, or until tender. Add to peppers in bowl. Wipe out skillet, add 1 Tbs. oil, and heat over medium-high heat. Add eggplants, and sauté 5 to 7 minutes, or until browned and tender. Add to peppers and squash in bowl. Stir in tomatoes, and keep warm.
3. Cut each lasagna noodle into 1 circle and 1 hand shape with tip of knife. Drop in large pot of boiling salted water, and cook according to package directions for al dente. Drain, and set on paper towels.
4. Toast pine nuts in small dry skillet 3 to 5 minutes, or until golden and fragrant. Transfer to bowl, and keep warm. Plump raisins in boiling water 5 minutes. Drain, and set aside.
5. To make Lemon Sauce: Whisk together almond milk, lemon juice, cornstarch, lemon zest, and oil in large saucepan. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until sauce thickens slightly, stirring constantly. Keep warm.
6. To assemble: Gently place pasta circles in center of 6 plates. Top each with 1 cup vegetable mixture, and sprinkle with 1 tsp. raisins, 1 Tbs. pine nuts, and 1/2 tsp. savory. Spoon 1/2 cup Lemon Sauce over each serving, and top with pasta hand shapes.
- Calories: 370
- Carbohydrate Content: 46 g
- Cholesterol Content: 28 mg
- Fat Content: 19 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 114 mg
- Sugar Content: 12 g