Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
All the strict raw food orthodoxy? Forget it. Chef and YouTube personality Jason Wrobel has set up camp at the corner where raw food meets fun. Wrobel isn’t preaching—in fact, he offers some cooked vegan fare along with his wondrous raw creations. “People don’t like to be lectured at or told they’re doing something wrong with the way they eat. I prefer to encourage people to experiment with and explore new foods and recipes to see what works for them. What works for one person’s body might not work for you. However, I do think we can all benefit from eating more fresh raw fruits, vegetables, nuts, and seeds.”
1. To make Noodles: Soak kelp noodles in warm water in medium bowl 10 minutes, then rinse and drain. Return to bowl, and stir in oil, lemon juice, and salt. Let marinate 1 to 2 hours.
2. To make Sauce: Cover sun-dried tomatoes with hot water in small bowl. Let soak 1 to 2 hours, then drain.
3. Combine all Sauce ingredients except almond butter and dates in high-speed blender. Blend until almost smooth, but with some texture. Slowly blend in almond butter and dates.
4. Toss bell pepper, red and green onions, snap peas, basil, cilantro, and lime juice with Noodles. Mix in Sauce, and top with almonds and sesame seeds, if using.
- Calories 323
- Carbohydrate Content 24 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 24 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 312 mg
- Sugar Content 16 g