Red Cabbage Frittata with Lemon and Herbs
Parsley, toasted garlic, and lemon bring out red cabbage’s sweeter side in this surprising frittata combination.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 5 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- 10 large eggs
- 1/2 cup packed Italian parsley leaves, plus more leaves for garnish
- 1 small lemon, very thinly sliced fresh mint leaves, for garnish
1. et oven rack in top third of the oven; preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Heat oil in large, ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until lightly toasted, stirring occasionally. Add cabbage, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Cook 10 minutes, or until cabbage is lightly browned in places and tender.
3. Meanwhile, whisk eggs in large bowl, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Set aside.
4. Stir parsley leaves into cabbage in skillet. Pour eggs into skillet, and cook frittata 2 minutes, shifting cabbage around so that egg coats bottom of pan. Arrange lemon slices over frittata. Transfer skillet to oven, and bake 12 minutes, or until eggs are fully set and begin to slightly pull away from sides of skillet. Remove from oven, and cool 2 minutes before serving. Garnish with mint and parsley leaves.
- Serving Size 1 slice
- Calories 124
- Carbohydrate Content 5 g
- Cholesterol Content 233 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 104 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g